Front-end Developer intern
- Full time
- Start: Aug 23rd
Are you passionate about developing a platform that thousands of people depend on? Are you excited about creating robust solutions for both users - and developers? Then you belong with us!
What is Faundit?
Millions of visitors worldwide forget belongings in hotels, trains or ferries. Faundit is an awesome digital platform that allows hospitality organizations to return lost belongings back to their rightful owners. We currently help over 200 organizations across the globe to connect with those unlucky guests. Our partners love us because we help them save time and streamline an otherwise messy process.
Our front-end stack includes React/Redux and is purely built in TypeScript. We rely on Gatsby for building some of the projects. The back-end is in node.js (TypeScript) with a MySQL DB, but have started to implement serverless functions for some aspects.
We are working on two-way integrations with other software/APIs and have machine learning (Python) running in production.
Who is Faundit?
We are a young and dynamic company with a casual and personal atmosphere. Most of our employees started as interns and made themselves indispensable to our team. We love it when people proactively look for ways to become a key part of our organization, and we want you to be as well.
Why an internship at Faundit?
It’s no secret that we have high expectations of our team members, and are dedicated to giving our team all the tools they need to become successful. As an intern, you can expect to become a real part of the team and have the freedom to define what projects you will be working on within the scope of our roadmap. You will be immersed in day-to-day operations with help of individual internship-buddies. We love it when interns come up with innovative projects that we can facilitate and support. We want to put a lot of effort into building you but it requires that you are ambitious yourself.
Your tasks will include
- Continuously build HTML/CSS/JS campaign landing pages in our Gatsby environment with the marketing team.
- Help implement (and design?) the interface for our new integrations application. Including authentication, account management and data communication. Don’t worry, you’ll learn.
- Coordinate with marketing and backend teams to evaluate and plan projects.
What we’ll give ‘ya
- The chance to make your mark and put code in production.
- A spot in a shared startup office space in Aarhus C with a great vibe.
- A team of young and dedicated people ready to help you grow professionally while still enjoying a good Friday bar every now and th… Every week, almost every week.
- Permission to reign free, although we will help define your goals and tasks.
- Opportunity to learn from a team with vast experience - our CTO, Jonas Wideking, has many years of experience with the stack and worked for both Designit, eBay, Louis Vuitton, and Carlsberg as an independent freelancer.
We’ll go nuts if you
- Challenge yourself with new tasks you have not yet mastered; frontend, backend or whatever - we’re here to help.
- Have experience with React.js and are able to understand our framework. General JS knowledge is much appreciated.
- Are self-motivated, independent and have a problem-solving mindset.
- Can take ownership of projects and work well with others.
- Love digging in code and inventing your own way of doing things.
- Can put yourself in the shoes of users and deliver the best possible experience.
Ready to join?
Do you wonder how we’ve made it this far without you? Apply now! We will fill the position as fast as possible, but not before the right candidate is faund.
If you’ve read all this way through, please include a spaceship emoji in your answers to let us know. We like you already.
Contact Casper at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone number +45 2077 0669APPLY NOW